In recent days in 123pormi we talked about international days and how the UN wants to mobilize the planet through them. We could say that the amount of information and news that these days have brought to us have been devastating, we have opened our daily life to a new reality where we are aware of what is happening around us. It is for this reason that it seems pertinent to us that today is the international day of yoga, a day to relax, meet and let go of all the bad emotions that have accumulated in us during the last weeks. We have decided in 123pormi that we will tell you the benefits of yoga and how it can make our lives easier and happier.
Physical benefits of yoga:
1. Improves breathing: The breathing known as abdominal, is where inspiration begins in the abdomen and reaches the clavicle, this type of breathing increases the oxygenation of cells, this is the correct and healthiest way to breathe .
2. Strengthens the immune system: Yoga helps reduce the level of cortisol in the body, this is the hormone related to stress, it is shown that high cortisol levels produce mood swings, weight gain, high blood pressure, sleep problems and digestive problems.
3. Increase flexibility: One of the positive changes that your body perceives when practicing yoga is flexibility, it helps to avoid injuries. The constancy in the postures and torsions are allied to increase flexibility.
4. Improves the balance: To achieve balance in the postures, it is necessary to exercise is the consciousness about the body. Only with a good posture does a certain level of equilibrium remain.
5. Strengthens muscles and bones: Having a defined musculature not only improves physical appearance, it also protects bones, prevents injuries and prevents diseases such as arthritis; It also improves coordination and this can help prevent falls in older people.
6. Balances the nervous system: Yoga stimulates relaxation, slows breathing and helps balance the nervous system. Yoga favors relaxation, reducing heart rate and blood pressure; this way, recovery in stress situations is facilitated in the body.
Yoga has been an exercise that has been practiced for years to improve the physical, mental and emotional health of people. The yoga mantra is: “Contribute to achieve sustainable development and move towards lifestyles that are in harmony with nature.”